Happy New Year! Today’s Speculator’s Corner focuses on Rick Remender and Wes Craig’s Deadly Class, as it heads to TV pilot for SyFy. Deadline is reporting the full cast is set and it looks impressive, featuring Benedict Wong as Master Lin, and a well-cast group of students.
Issue #1, standard cover
At the time of writing, issue #1 had a few successful CGC 9.8 eBay sales for December:
- A cover B variant (purchased by me) at $56
- A variant cover for $59.99 (and free shipping)
- Three standard covers going for at least $86 (two were “offer accepted”, but listed at $114.99)
Current active listings show:
- Standard covers going for a minimum of $114 plus shipping
- Cover B variants going for anywhere from $93 with shipping to $199 with shipping
- Other variants going in the $140 to $220 range
A pretty significant increase since December, when the news was announced. There are, however, plenty of ungraded copies on eBay in the $15+ range, if you’d like to go that route.
Definitely an issue and series worth keeping an eye on, as we get closer to premiere. Follow issue #1 of Deadly Class on Relic Scout today.